Making tomorrow happen, today
Retirement Food for Thought…
- These days we’re all living longer. This means the average retiree can expect to enjoy two or even three decades of life after work. How will you fund this?
- You could have up to 2 000 extra hours a year to spend as you please*? Will you be able to afford to enjoy this time, or will it be spent worrying about money?
- The State Contributory Pension is currently around €1,005* euro a month. This can help – but will not be enough on its own to fund a quality retirement. Having your own private pension provision is the only way to secure the retirement years you deserve.
- Because of poor provision, more and more people retire without financial independence – having to rely on family members or simply going without even the basics. Are you on the road to being retirement-ready?
*Office for National Statistics Research UK.
*Monthly state contributory pension for a single person with a weekly means up to €30.00 (Department of Employment affairs and Social Protection 30/03/2018)
How a Pension Plan Works
It’s simple. Each month you decide how much you’d like to invest in your pension – right up to your planned retirement date. We can help you calculate how much you should aim at investing, based on the number of years you will be working and your plans for retirement. Your money is invested and gets to work for you, building wealth for your future. In the meantime, your contributions each month are TAX-DEDUCTIBLE – another valuable benefit.
Once you retire, you can take a TAX-FREE CASH LUMP SUM to use as you choose (subject to Revenue limits). The rest of your capital is paid to you as an ANNUITY FOR LIFE – replacing your regular salary with a steady cash flow.
- You can start a pension at any time – you are never too old or too young. Of course the earlier you begin, the more you will build up for your retirement years.
- It’s flexible – you can choose how much you want to save each month. You can also make ad hoc lump sum investments into your plan if you wish. How much you invest will depend on when you want to retire, the kind of lifestyle you are saving for, and how much you can afford to set aside each month. Our special Pension Calculator will help you do some basic calculations.
- It’s tax-saving – a big advantage of having your own pension plan is that it is tax-efficient. The government allows for valuable tax relief on all retirement funds. This means the money you save each month is taxed at a lower rate – so it’s a great way to reduce your overall tax liability. Any growth on your investment is also TAX-FREE.
- A plan for all – whether you are a company employee, are self-employed or you’re a company director – there’s a pension plan to suit you. Let us help and advise.